Sunday, December 11, 2011

Centered YOU (:-)


For all you fitness, movement-crazed people out there, I ask you to take a second and think about what the phrase "staying in shape" means to you. To me, it used to mean "workout hard six days a week so that I burn off all the beer and crap food I ate the previous day/week and then continue that same diet after my butt-kicking workout sesh at the gym".

Wow. My college days. Where the beer flowed like wine and I made sure to chase it with heavy, processed, oily food, my specialty being buffalo wings . While I still indulge those cravings every so often, I have realized that this harsh routine I was putting my body through just would not do anymore. After much reading, research and conversations with my highly informed, truthful acupressurist, i began to understand how the foods you eat affect your body especially while exercising. Going through a stressful period of my life and being riddled by anxiety added to the fact that my body was fighting itself. And the fuel I was consuming wasn't fuel at all. It was time to make a change that didn't involve amping up my reps on the shoulder press at the gym. This time, I would changed my eating habits.

Here is an Antioxidant chart I found on Pinterest, an e-Pinning board that allows you to post and share inpiration with others. It's a wonderful reference for those you looking to add healthy, restorative foods to your diet. Foods that we were meant to eat, that work with your body.


(HealthCastle.com) Antioxidants are substances or nutrients in our foods which can prevent or slow the oxidative damage to our body.





If you are looking to improve your wellness, think about more than just hitting the gym and going an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill. be congnizant too, of the foods you consume. Food can be your worst enemy or your best friend, your poison or your medicine.







.

No comments:

Post a Comment