Tuesday, June 8, 2010

windows.


thesmells.thesights.thesounds.
These are all things that windows make possible.

I read a descriptive essay today involving a window and one of my most favorite places ever...the beach. The boy began his writing piece by stating that windows remind him of the third-story of the family beach house in LBI. Every summer, he and his family head down the shore for the summer. And the first place this little man heads for is that quiet, window-filled room overlooking the ocean. Everything about the view appeals to his senses: the blue-green shade of the ocean, the gentle breeze that easily makes its way through the window...the smell of salt, the sounds of seagulls squwaking(sp?) and waves crashing onto the sand.

sighh, how I am reminded of summer and the welcomed simplicity it brings. There is nothing like a cool blue sea to put me at ease. Be still, says the ocean, be still.

When I have a beach house to call my own, I will make certain it has a window with a view of the ocean...a serene, blue-green, salty body of water that renews the soul, calming the winds that too often stir up tiny storms inside us.

Toss your worries out to sea,
Don't let them take away calm "me".
Put them in a jar sealed tight,
and send them out into the watery night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete